Water and sewer infrastructure design
Statutory & Service Authority Approvals
Tender review and assessment
Monteath & Powys are experts in the management of planning, design, approvals and delivery of water and sewer infrastructure projects.
In 2018 we completed a 2.5km sewer rising main project servicing the Cliftleigh and Heddon Greta areas. The $2.6 million project was required by Hunter Water Corporation (HWC) to enable ongoing residential development by increasing the local network capacity. By constructing the required infrastructure and connecting the rising main to the Kurri Kurri Wastewater Treatment Works, our Client was able to continue with their own development in one of the fastest growing regions in NSW without delay.
Acting as lead consultant, our team managed the project from inception to project close-out and handover, including:-
- Detailed surveying including underground service location for detailed design, ecological mapping for environmental studies, and work-as-executed and boundary definition for final asset handover.
- Determination of the optimal alignment following analysis of all constraints.
- Stakeholder management.
- Management of Review of Environmental Factors (REF) preparation and approval.
- Geotechnical investigation management.
- Aboriginal Heritage investigation and consultation.
- European Heritage investigation and consultation.
- Detailed Design management, including structural integrity analysis of existing assets at connection points.
- Critical and sensitive under-bore design and approvals for the Hunter Expressway, South Maitland Railway, local roads, and a minor water course.
- Controlled Activity Approvals.
- Contamination remediation.
- Construction tendering and Contract preparation.
- Contract Superintendency.
The project management and planning required complex consultation, negotiation and resolution to meet the varied Stakeholder requirements. These included: authority requirements of HWC, Roads and Maritime Services (RMS), Cessnock City Council, Ausgrid and Subsidence Advisory NSW; access and landowners requirements of TAFE NSW, South Maitland Railways and other private landowners; adjoining land development capacity requirements; and operational requirements of the lessee of Kurri Kurri Wastewater Treatment Works.
Monteath & Powys have extensive experience in the management of other water and sewer infrastructure projects including:
- Preliminary servicing advice.
- Servicing Strategies.
- Growth Funding investigation and advice.
- Complex Works infrastructure for trunk water supply and gravity sewer mains.
- Waste Water Pump Stations and rising mains.
- Routine Major Works for water and gravity sewer reticulation.