Lodgement with Regional Planning Panel
The land is owned by Council with the costs of works exceeding 5 million dollars which required determination by the Regional Planning Panel as per the requirements under State Environmental Planning Policy (State and Regional Development) 2011. Council required an external planner to complete the development assessment to ensure transparency within the approval process.
Upper Hunter Shire Council engaged our services to complete the assessment process relating to the construction of a terminal building and warbird aviation attraction at the Scone airport. Our local knowledge and initial analysis of the plans ensured that any additional information required was identified early to facilitate the progress of the application.
Scope of work for the project comprised of:
- Review and analysis of documentation lodged with the development application.
- Site inspection and preliminary consultation with Council
- Request for further information
- Preparation of a Section 4.15 assessment report
- Preparation of draft conditions of consent
- Preparation of lodgement documentation for the Regional Planning Panel
- Attendance of site inspection and Regional Planning Panel meeting